My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week I break them down into daily tasks that will work within my current schedule. Do you know how great it is to finish projects? Of course you do! For me, setting monthly goals makes it all possible.
Every month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How did I do? Jill’s July Goals
- Revise and polish Wyoming Ranchers book 3 CHECK!
- Exercise 5 days/week CHECK!
- Continue eating more unprocessed food CHECK!
- Track calories on weekdays NO CHECK.
- Drink minimum of 72 ounces of water every day CHECK!
- Continue reading fiction for a minimum of 20 minutes every weekday CHECK!
I know these are light goals, but I have to tell you I still struggled to get them completed! What can I say? We’ve been busy!
About a week into the month, I stopped tracking calories altogether. Once again I found it restrictive and annoying. Does tracking calories work? For me, yes. But was it worth being irritated daily? Not this July.
Since we’ve embraced MANY rewarding opportunities to see friends and family this summer, I’m treating myself as kindly as possible, and that means no calorie tracking until/if I can commit to it without feeling annoyed.
Jill’s August Goals
- Revise and polish the sample chapters and synopsis of Wyoming Ranchers book 4
- Exercise 5 days/week
- Continue eating more unprocessed food
- Drink minimum of 72 ounces of water every day
- Continue reading fiction for a minimum of 20 minutes every weekday
- Enjoy summer as much as possible before fall arrives!
A small part of me longs for September. It’s the month I’m most energized about my work. It always feels like a fresh beginning, and I set big goals for the final quarter of the year. Right now I’m still in summer mode (as I should be!), where everything feels a bit loosey-goosey. I guess it wouldn’t be August if I didn’t feel that way!
What were your July goals? How did you do? What would you like to accomplish (if anything) in August?
Thanks so much for joining me each month! Seeing your progress motivates me!