My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week I break them down into daily tasks that will work within my current schedule. Do you know how great it is to finish projects? Of course you do! For me, setting monthly goals makes it all possible.
Every month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How Did I Do? Jill’s January Goals
- Draft rest of Wyoming Ranchers Book 2 (roughly 42,000 words) CHECK!
- Outline nonfiction book for writers CHECK!
- Prep for speaking engagement CHECK!
- Set up promo for Hers for the Summer (releases February 23!) CHECK!
- Exercise 5 days/week CHECK!
- Keep mini-habits: add one vegetable and one fruit each day and get off the couch for one minute in the evening. I’ve been doing this for two months, and it’s been great! MOSTLY CHECK: I had a few weekend days where I failed to add the fruit and vegetable, but overall I stuck with it.
- Continue reading fiction for a minimum of 20 minutes every weekday CHECK!
- Continue online class for drawing (a primer/basics tutorial with assignments) CHECK: But my enthusiasm level is low 🙂
- Clean out file cabinet CHECK!
January was cold but mild as far as weather goes around here. I was able to walk outside 2-3 times, bundled up, of course! I had a great writing month, too. While I generally met my health goals, I noticed I’ve been slipping into old habits, like eating more processed foods instead of vegetables and fruits. Just being mindful of it helps me make better choices. As far as my down time, it’s pretty boring here in the winter even without a pandemic. I’m looking forward to warmer weather and being outside again!
Jill’s February Goals
- Content edit and redline Wyoming Ranchers Book 2
- Draft proposal for Wyoming Ranchers Book 3
- Write one section of nonfiction book for writers
- Promote Hers for the Summer (releases February 23!)
- Exercise 5 days/week
- Keep mini-habits: add one vegetable and one fruit each day and get off the couch for one minute in the evening.
- Drink minimum of 72 ounces of water every day. It’s so dry here in the winter. I need the hydration!
- Continue reading fiction for a minimum of 20 minutes every weekday
- Finish final section of lesson one and the homework assignments for online class for drawing (a primer/basics tutorial with assignments)
That’s the plan. Now I just need to get to it!
What were your January goals? Did you meet them? What would you like to accomplish in February?
Thanks so much for joining me each month! It’s fun to see what you’re up to!