Legal, Privacy, Photo Credits, Federal Trade Commision
Copyright 2022. Ripple Effect Press, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site is the sole property of Jill Kemerer and Ripple Effect Press, LLC (“we” or “us”) and has been provided for the reader’s informational purposes only. We make no representations as to accuracy, currentness, suitability, or completeness on this site and will not be liable for any loss or damage (including without limitation indirect or consequential loss or damage) arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. All information is provided on an as-is basis. All content posted on this site is the original work of the author and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws and cannot be stored on any retrieval system, reproduced, reposted, displayed, modified or transmitted in any form, electronic or otherwise without written permission of the copyright owner/s, with the exception of excerpts of content which may be quoted as long as a link is provided back to the source page on this site.
1. The privacy of our website visitors is very important to us, and we are committed to safeguarding it. This policy explains what we will do with your personal information.
This section “Privacy” was created using a template from SEQ Legal (seqlegal.com)
and modified by Website Planet (www.websiteplanet.com)
C. Collecting personal information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
1. information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
2. information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
3. information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with our website;
4. information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to our emails and/or newsletters;
5. information that you enter while using the services on our website;
6. information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
7. information that you post to our website with the intention of publishing it on the internet, which includes your username, profile pictures, and the content of your posts;
8. information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata;
9. any other personal information that you send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy
D. Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information for the following:
1. administering our website and business;
2. personalizing our website for you;
3. enabling your use of the services available on our website;
4. supplying services purchased through our website;
5. sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
6. sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
7. sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
8. sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
9. providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
10. dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
11. keeping our website secure and prevent fraud;
12. verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website; and
13. other uses.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
E. Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information:
1. to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
2. in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
3. in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
4. to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
F. International data transfers
1. Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
2. Information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China, and India.
3. Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
4. You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section F.
G. Retaining personal information
1. This Section G sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
2. Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
3. We will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
a. to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
b. if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
c. in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
H. Security of your personal information
1. We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
2. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy.
J. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
K. Third party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
L. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
a. in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”;
b. in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
c. in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer—for example:
a. in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 );
b. in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies,” and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
c. in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Clear browsing data,” and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data.”
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
PHOTO CREDITS –
Images on this site are our personal property or stock photos requiring no attribution (Creative Commons CC0) with the exception of book cover art and photos of authors/guests.
Love Inspired book covers: Copyright © 2015-2022 by Harlequin Enterprises Limited. Cover Art used by arrangement with Harlequin Enterprises Limited ® and ™ are trademarks owned by Harlequin Enterprises Limited or its affiliated companies, used under license.
Author photos of Jill Kemerer by Valerie Giovannucci, Natural Influence Photography.
If there is an image on this site that you believe belongs to you and you do not want it to appear on this site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to the image and it will be promptly removed.
FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION –
All of the views shared on this website/blog are strictly ours. Any book that is reviewed has been provided: 1) By the original author, for an honest review, 2) The Publisher, for an honest review, or 3) have been purchased by us. Reviews represent our honest views and opinions and are in no way influenced by a third party. We have no obligation to represent anything on this blog and have not received any compensation (monetary or otherwise) to present our original opinions on any product.
All giveaways on this blog are provided by the blog author, book author and/or publicity firm on behalf of the publisher. We are not responsible for any views they express in their work and/or on this (or any) site. Giveaways are managed through a third-party application such as Giveaway Tools or Rafflecopter. For complete rules of a giveaway, see the terms and conditions as stated in its entry form. Giveaways are void where prohibited.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. We participate in additional affiliate programs that pay us a small fee without increasing the price to the consumer. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc. For more information about the FTC, visit: ftc.gov.