My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week I break them down into daily tasks that will work within my current schedule. Do you know how great it is to finish projects? Of course you do! For me, setting monthly goals makes it all possible.
Every month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How Did I Do? Jill’s April 2022 Goals
- Fully plot each book in my next series. CHECK!
- Draft the proposal for next series. NO CHECK. I switched gears to revise and polish a proposal due at the end of May instead. So, I’m happy–I made progress!
- Start setting up promotion for Wyoming Ranchers book 3–Guarding His Secret. CHECK!
- Work on my nonfiction project for 30 minutes/day, 2 days/week (I have multiple commitments every week of this month, so I’m only working on this for 2 days as opposed to 4 days/week. CHECK!
- Exercise 5 days/week (Alternating between the two 12-week programs). CHECK!
- Two raw veggies/weekday (I’m cutting myself some slack on the weekends). CHECK!
- Read 15 minutes of fiction every weekday. CHECK!
- Enjoy all the friend/family “dates” on my calendar. CHECK!
April was cold and busy. Over Easter weekend, we finally were able to celebrate Christmas with my side of the family. Yay! I made a lot of progress on my writing goals, and I embraced my healthy eating habits for the most part. Best of all, I was able to catch up with several friends whom I don’t see all that often. I’m declaring the month a win!
Jill’s May 2022 Goals
- Write, revise and polish the proposal for the next series.
- Celebrate and promote my upcoming release of Wyoming Ranchers book 3–Guarding His Secret. (On store shelves May 24, 2022 through the month of June.)
- Work on my nonfiction project for 30 minutes/day, 3 days/week
- Exercise 5 days/week (Alternating between the two 12-week programs. I only have two weeks left of one of the programs. It’s hard to believe!)
- Two raw veggies/weekday (I’m cutting myself some slack on the weekends)
- Read 15 minutes of fiction every weekday
- Try out the food dehydrator I borrowed from my mom
This month is jam-packed with writing and a few much-anticipated outings with writer friends. My weight crept up five pounds since Christmas, and I’m working on creeping it back down. It’s always easier putting on weight than taking it off. Bummer. :)
What were your April goals? Did you meet them?
What are your May 2022 goals?
Thank you for sharing with me! If you haven’t entered my monthlong giveaway to celebrate my upcoming release, go to Guarding His Secret Giveaway (US only)!