My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week I break them down into daily tasks that will work within my current schedule. Do you know how great it is to finish projects? Of course you do! For me, setting monthly goals makes it all possible.
Every month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How Did I Do? Jill’s August 2022 Goals
- Revise a trade-length book. NOPE. NOT EVEN CLOSE.
- Start revising non-fiction project. NO CHECK. DIDN’T OPEN THAT ONE!
- Exercise 5 days/week. CHECK!
- Two raw veggies/weekday. MOSTLY CHECK
- Counting calories using MyFitnessPal and sticking to reduced total calories on weekdays. CHECK!
- Read 15 minutes of fiction every weekday. CHECK!
- Go to the farmer’s market. CHECK!
- Plan an adventure day–to the zoo or a fun local place! NO CHECK.
August was banana-pants (a phrase I recently heard when out and about with a good author friend). It was rough, rough, rough. From a dear cousin’s death to an entire week’s worth of computer problems and so many bizarre other things in between–I can only say I’m glad the month is over. It was a doozy, for sure.
On the work front, I started revising the trade-length book. I didn’t even open the nonfiction project. It was the least productive month I’ve had in a long, long time.
But I stuck with my health goals, managed to read a few more novels and got to the farmer’s market once. A win!
Jill’s September 2022 Goals
- Revise and polish the trade-length book.
- Exercise 5 days/week.
- Two raw veggies/weekday.
- Counting calories using MyFitnessPal and sticking to reduced total calories on weekdays.
- Read 15 minutes of fiction every weekday.
- Enjoy college football with all the fun food!
- Make (and can) apple butter
I only have one writing goal this month because I NEED TO FINISH THE BOOK. I need it done and submitted so I don’t have to think about it anymore. While I’m normally really good at working on multiple projects, I’m at a point where I know I’ll have more pressing projects to work on soon, so this bad boy needs to be finished.
My health plan is working. I’ve lost nine pounds since mid-May and I have about five more to go. The scale goes up sometimes and down others. As long as I commit to the weekdays, my weight continues to drop overall.
September is always fun since football is back! Yes, I love watching college games on Saturdays. We try to have bonfires when the weather cooperates, too. The weather grows cooler as the month progresses, and I’ll be dragging out my fall decorations before you know it. What do you love about September?
How did you do last month? What are your September 2022 goals?