When you're in the middle of writing a book, it's easy to get discouraged. You…
My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week I break them down into daily tasks that will work within my current schedule. Do you know how great it is to finish projects? Of course you do! For me, setting monthly goals makes it all possible.
Every month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How Did I Do? Jill’s February Goals
- Content edit and redline Wyoming Ranchers Book 2. CHECK!
- Draft proposal for Wyoming Ranchers Book 3. CHECK! This took longer than I anticipated due to a new plot direction, though.
- Write one section of nonfiction book for writers. NO CHECK. I restructured the outline and came up with a working title. At least I made progress.
- Promote Hers for the Summer (releases February 23!). CHECK!
- Exercise 5 days/week. CHECK!
- Keep mini-habits: add one vegetable and one fruit each day and get off the couch for one minute in the evening. CHECK!
- Drink minimum of 72 ounces of water every day. It’s so dry here in the winter. I need the hydration! CHECK!
- Continue reading fiction for a minimum of 20 minutes every weekday. CHECK! I recently read Amanda Dyke’s Set the Stars Alight. Beautiful writing.
- Finish final section of lesson one and the homework assignments for online class for drawing (a primer/basics tutorial with assignments). CHECK!
February was pretty productive for me. I’m still working on staying healthy, but the mini-habits are coming more naturally to me. Winter forces me inside more, so I’m not as active. However, I do get a lot of writing done!
Jill’s March Goals
- Polish/submit Wyoming Ranchers Book 2
- Draft bulk of nonfiction book for writers
- Continue promoting Hers for the Summer (in stores now)
- Exercise 5 days/week
- Continue eating more unprocessed food.
- Drink minimum of 72 ounces of water every day.
- Continue reading fiction for a minimum of 20 minutes every weekday
- Get outside whenever possible. March is still winter here. If the temps are in the 30s and it’s not snowing or raining, I try to take a walk.
- Set quarterly goals at the end of the month.
Knowing I’m only about a month or so away from seeing tulips and daffodils is boosting my spirits. I love seeing the signs that summer is coming. All the little leaves unfurling from buds, the grass turning from yellow to green. Longer daylight hours. I love it all!
What were your February goals? How did you do? What would you like to accomplish in March?
Thanks so much for joining me each month! Seeing your progress motivates me!