I’m big on setting monthly goals. By listing them and breaking them down into manageable chunks, I accomplish more than I think possible. My process is to set monthly goals, then at the beginning of each week, I create daily goals that will work within my current schedule.
Each month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How Did I Do? Jill’s May 2020 Goals
- Fill out art fact sheets and prepare title list for Wyoming Sweethearts Book 4. CHECK.
- Write sample chapters and proposal for new Love Inspired series. CHECK! I finished this early. Yay!
- Plot short story. NO CHECK. The creative juices weren’t flowing.
- Exercise 5 days/week. CHECK!
- Go back to tracking food intake with MyFitnessPal. NO CHECK. I have no excuse!
- Celebrate my son’s high school graduation. Try to come up with ways to make it special. CHECK! We made the most of what we were given. I’m so proud of him!
- Keep praying. CHECK!
You can check out last month’s goal post HERE.
By the middle of the month I started feeling more normal. I found it easier to meet my goals, but I just didn’t feel like tracking my food. Yes, I gained a few pounds. Time to scale it back before the weight creeps up!
Jill’s June 2020 Goals
- Finish writing the first draft of a new project. This is a BIG goal. I have about 65,000 words to write!
- Exercise 5 days/week.
- Go back to logging food with MyFitnessPal.
- Finish reading the nonfiction book I’ve been studying about productivity. It’s called The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller. (This is an affiliate link. See Note below.) I’m enjoying it!
- Get some sun!
Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s been a wild year so far. How are you doing? I’ve had a lot of ups and downs. I’m sure you have, too. I keep clinging to God’s word. When I don’t know what to do, I pray.
Psalm 143:10 (HCSB) Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me on level ground.
How did you do? What are your new goals?
I’d love to hear them! Share in the comments!