My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week…
I’m big on setting goals. By listing them and breaking them down into manageable chunks, I accomplish more than I think possible. My process is to set monthly goals, then at the beginning of each week, I create daily goals that will work within my current schedule.
Each month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How Did I Do? Jill’s April 2020 Goals
- Finish writing the draft of Wyoming Sweethearts Book 4. CHECK!
- Content edit and revise Wyoming Sweethearts Book 4. CHECK! I turned it in on May 1, so I feel good.
- Expand synopsis for new book I’m plotting. CHECK!
- Continue exercising 5 days/week. NO CHECK. I exercised 3-4 times each week, and I let my healthy eating slide big time. #mistakesweremade
- Keep reading the pile of books I’ve gathered. CHECK! I also borrowed a novel online through the library.
- Work on crochet project, even if it’s only one row! NO CHECK. I was completely unmotivated to touch this.
Last month was pretty rough for all of us. Every day I worked whether I wanted to or not. (Okay, I didn’t want to. At all. Ever.) I finished the book, and I’m happy with how it turned out.
Jill’s May 2020 Goals
- Fill out art fact sheets and prepare title list for Wyoming Sweethearts Book 4.
- Write sample chapters and proposal for new Love Inspired series.
- Plot short story.
- Exercise 5 days/week.
- Go back to tracking food intake with MyFitnessPal.
- Celebrate my son’s high school graduation. Try to come up with ways to make it special.
- Keep praying.
Next month will bring new challenges as the country starts to open up. I worry about all the people who’ve lost their jobs and are uncertain if they’ll find new ones. My heart goes out to everyone struggling to pay bills and put food on the table.
I’m also hopeful. God is bigger than a global pandemic. He knows how this all ends. I continue to pray for His mercy–for we have a compassionate God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness (Psalm 86:15).
You are loved.
How did you do last month? Share your struggles, triumphs and new goals in the comments!
Here’s to a great May!
And congratulations to my friends listed below!
- Mindy Obenhaus for being a finalist in the Hold Medallion awards for her Love Inspired novel, Her Colorado Cowboy!
- Becky Wade for her new release, Stay with Me, the first book in her new Misty River Romance series!
- Jill Lynn for her new release, Her Hidden Hope, Colorado Grooms Book 4!
- Janine Rosche for the release of her debut novel, This Wandering Heart, a Madison River romance!
- Beth K. Vogt for her new release, The Best We’ve Been, from The Thatcher Sisters series!
(The titles are linked to Amazon if you want to give them a try. I’m an Amazon affiliate and make a small commission with no increase in cost to you.)