I’m big on setting monthly goals. By listing them and breaking them down into manageable chunks, I accomplish more than I think possible. My process is to set monthly goals, then at the beginning of each week, I create daily goals that will work within my current schedule.
Each month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How Did I Do? June 2020 Goals
- Finish writing the first draft of a new project. This is a BIG goal. I have about 65,000 words to write! CHECK! I’m so excited! I challenged myself to write 5000 words a day for 14 days and finished the draft (adding 68,000 words) in 13 days. It’s a record for me!
- Exercise 5 days/week. NO CHECK. I exercised 3 days a week.
- Go back to logging food with MyFitnessPal. NO CHECK. I gained weight this month, so this is something I’m working on next month.
- Finish reading the nonfiction book I’ve been studying about productivity. It’s called The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller. (This is an affiliate link. See Note below.) I’m enjoying it! CHECK! It was really good!
- Get some sun! CHECK! Vitamin D, baby!
Meeting my June writing goals was a big deal for me. It was hard, but I did it. Sometimes I need to kick it in gear on one goal to meet upcoming goals. Unfortunately, I got lazy with my health. Back in March, I stopped tracking my food intake, and I’ve known I need to get back on it. But did I? NO!
Since most of my shorts are super tight and the scale confirmed it, I’m making my weight a priority this month. For me it’s easier to nip bad habits quickly before letting them spiral out of control.
Jill’s July 2020 Goals
- Draft a short story of 10,000 words.
- Revise/polish and submit the short story.
- Edit the draft of my long novel for plot issues.
- Exercise 5 days/week and add strength routine twice a week.
- Go back to logging food with MyFitnessPal and eat fewer calories M-F.
- Vacation! We’ll be spending time with family later in the month, and I can’t wait.
- Continue reading fiction for a minimum of 20 minutes every weekday. I’ve found so many new authors and reread some favorites. It’s been fabulous.
- Enjoy the warm weather! I love sitting on our deck, sipping iced tea and reading a magazine.
- Fill my mind with positive things. It’s easy to get down with all the wild news.
I have big goals this month and next, and I’m excited to start tackling them.
What are YOUR goals this July? Please share in the comments!
For my American friends, have a safe and happy Fourth of July! God bless America! I love this country!