I’m big on setting monthly goals. By listing them and breaking them down into manageable…
I’m big on setting monthly goals. By listing them and breaking them down into manageable chunks, I accomplish more than I think possible. My process is to set monthly goals, then at the beginning of each week, I create daily goals that will work within my current schedule.
Each month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How Did I Do? Jill’s July 2020 Goals
- Draft a short story of 10,000 words. CHECK!
- Revise/polish and submit the short story. NO CHECK.
- Edit the draft of my long novel for plot issues. CHECK!
- Exercise 5 days/week and add strength routine twice a week. CHECK!
- Go back to logging food with MyFitnessPal and eat fewer calories M-F. CHECK! Full disclosure: I kept up my health habits for three weeks then took a week off for vacation. I haven’t lost any weight yet, but it feels good to resume my healthy habits.
- Vacation! We’ll be spending time with family later in the month, and I can’t wait. CHECK!
- Continue reading fiction for a minimum of 20 minutes every weekday. I’ve found so many new authors and reread some favorites. It’s been fabulous. CHECK! I’m enjoying reading different genres and some new-to-me Love Inspired authors.
- Enjoy the warm weather! I love sitting on our deck, sipping iced tea and reading a magazine. CHECK!
- Fill my mind with positive things. It’s easy to get down with all the wild news. KIND OF CHECK. Some days are better than others.
Overall, I’m happy with my July progress. I’m maintaining my less rigid summer writing schedule through August, too.
Jill’s August 2020 Goals
- Revise/polish and submit the short story I wrote last month.
- Revise/polish the full manuscript for a single-title novel
- Exercise 5 days/week and add strength routine twice a week.
- Go back to logging food with MyFitnessPal and eat fewer calories M-F.
- My youngest moves into his dorm later this month! Waahh!!
- Continue reading fiction for a minimum of 20 minutes every weekday. I have two books on order from our library that I can’t wait to come in.
- Once my writing goals for the month are met, I’m taking a few days to plan out the next several months of work. I do this at the end of every August or early September, and I love it. It sets the tone for the next nine months!
What are you hoping to accomplish this August? Or do you need a break? It’s okay to enjoy the summer!
Have a terrific day!