My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week…
My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week I break them down into daily tasks that will work within my current schedule. Do you know how great it is to finish projects? Of course you do! For me, setting monthly goals makes it all possible.
Every month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How Did I Do? Jill’s June 2022 Goals
- Write 42,000 words to finish the draft of Wyoming Ranchers book 6. CHECK!
- Exercise 5 days/week. NO CHECK. A medical issue kept me from exercising one week, and the following week I was out of town with friends. It’s okay! I’ll do my best in July.
- Two raw veggies/weekday (I’m cutting myself some slack on the weekends) CHECK!
- Counting calories using MyFitnessPal and sticking to reduced total calories on weekdays. CHECK!
- Read 15 minutes of fiction every weekday. KIND OF CHECK. I read a memoir instead of a novel one week.
- Enjoy seeing a few really great friends! CHECK!
Jill’s July 2022 Goals
- Revise and polish Wyoming Ranchers book 6.
- Final edits for Wyoming Ranchers book 5.
- Exercise 5 days/week
- Two raw veggies/weekday
- Counting calories using MyFitnessPal and sticking to reduced total calories on weekdays.
- Read 15 minutes of fiction every weekday
- Go to the farmer’s market!
It’s been a busy summer so far, and I’ve been working long hours to meet my writing goals. It will all be worth it by mid-August! That’s when I’ll have plenty of breathing room in my schedule to plan out the rest of the year and work on projects I’ve had to ignore for a while.