My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly writer goals, and it’s time to share…
May Goals 2023
My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly writer goals, and it’s time to share my May goals. At the beginning of each week I break them down into daily tasks that fit my current schedule. Do you know how great it is to finish projects? Of course you do! For me, setting monthly goals makes it all possible.
Every month I share how I did the previous month as well as what my new goals are. Let’s get to it!
How Did I Do? Jill’s April Goals 2023
- Edit/polish the proposal for Wyoming Legacies book 3. CHECK!
- Start working on promotion plan for The Cowboy’s Little Secret, releasing May 23, 2023. CHECK!
- Finish first round of revising my nonfiction project. NO CHECK
- Exercise 4 days/week. CHECK!
- Log calories using MyPlate app every weekday for two weeks in April. (I’ll try the every-other-week approach for now.) CHECK!
- Walk outside after dinner 3 times/week, weather permitting. NO CHECK
- Read 15 minutes of fiction every weekday. CHECK!
- Continue my Big Adventure and Little Adventure each week. This is something I’m trying based off of Laura Vanderkam’s book, Tranquility by Tuesday. I’ve been doing this for about six weeks, and I love it. Basically, you plan one fun thing away from home that takes a few hours to do, and you also plan one thing you enjoy that takes less than an hour to do. You then schedule them into your week. I love it! Life is better when we have things to look forward to. NO CHECK
Well, I only have seventeen pages left of my first round revising the nonfiction project, so even if I had to write No Check, it was still a win for me. As for the health, I forgot that the weather NEVER permits me to walk outside in April. We had rain, snow, high winds and cold temps for all but one week. It was not a nice April. (I did see people walking, running and riding their bikes. I could have gone out, but I didn’t want to!)
As for the Other, I’m mad at myself for not meeting my Big and Little Adventure goals. I didn’t do them two weeks in a row. Why? I don’t know. One weekend was busy with chores, errands and an out-of-town commitment, and the other I was tired and couldn’t bear the thought of having to get in the car and drive anywhere.
Sometimes the things that bring me joy just feel like too much work.
Jill’s May Goals
- Finish writing Wyoming Legacies book 3.
- Final edits for United by the Twins, book 2 in the Wyoming Legacies series
- Schedule promo for The Cowboy’s Little Secret, releasing May 23, 2023.
- Finish first round of revising my nonfiction project.
- Exercise 4 days/week.
- Log calories using MyPlate app every weekday for two weeks in April. (I’ll try the every-other-week approach for now.)
- Read 15 minutes of fiction every weekday.
- Enjoy a mini-vacay with my hubby.
My writing goals are lofty this month, so I’m keeping all the other goals at a minimum. I do hope to fit in some after-dinner walks this month. I also want to schedule big and little adventures, but I just don’t know how feasible it will be. We’ll see!
What are your May goals? How did you do last month?
Just a reminder, The Cowboy’s Little Secret Giveaway is running until May 21!
(US residents, 18+, void where prohibited)
Have a great week!
This Post Has 0 Comments