I headed into last weekend exhausted for a variety of reasons. I needed a reset,…
I haven’t counted down the days until Christmas yet (and I don’t want to!), but I know they’re dwindling. Am I ready for the holidays? Of course not!
We had a really nice Thanksgiving. Delicious food. Good times with family. Even some Black Friday shopping. Not bad! But the party is over, and I want to finish this month, year, AND decade strong. Let’s look at how I did with last month’s goals, and then I’ll share my December goals!
Jill’s November 2019 Goals: How Did I Do?
- Revise/polish proposal and send to agent. NO CHECK. Not even close!
- Promote Her Cowboy Till Christmas, releasing November 19! CHECK. YES! YAY!
- Content edit the draft I wrote in October. Check!
- Exercise 5 days/week. Check! I’ve found that creating a simple graph to X off each day helps a lot.
- Log calories using MyFitnessPal. Check! For whatever reason, tracking my food works.
- Eat more produce! Check!
- Make a Christmas list. NO CHECK.
- Start buying presents. NO Check. This stresses me out!
- Read one novel. Check! YES!
- Check out the newly remodeled Main Library in downtown Toledo. Check! Loved it!!
Jill’s December 2019 Goals:
- Polish the third book in the Wyoming Sweethearts series and send it to my editor.
- Revise/polish proposal and send to agent.
- Exercise 5 days/week.
- Log calories using MyFitnessPal.
- Attempt to implement homemade chia pudding as a snack.
- Christmas shopping!!
- Check out Christmas lights somewhere. The Toledo Zoo has an amazing display, but the crowds and traffic make me iffy!
- Watch Hallmark Christmas movies and read the Christmas novels I bought!
Looking ahead to 2020…
Two of my local writer friends and I are getting together soon to discuss our goals for the next year. I’m excited about this. By setting several hours aside and meeting at a casual restaurant, we’re making goal-planning a priority. All too often, I’m guilty of putting off formal planning until the last minute. When I devote a chunk of time to plan in advance, I get more done throughout the year.
Also, it’s great to discuss my goals with I trust. They’ll tell me if I’m being ridiculously overambitious or not ambitious enough. And they often have ideas I never considered. It’s a win all around.
Next week’s blog will be early–Sunday, December 8, because I’m part of a HUGE Christmas giveaway! You don’t want to miss it!