Book Recommendations I had a good reading month! I'm sharing three book recommendations today, and…
What are Your February 2019 goals?
Well, that went by quick! After last week’s Polar Vortex, I’m thankful February is here. The sooner winter is over, the better!
January was a blur of planning, busy work, and writing a first draft. February, for me, will be all about two things: launching the Resort to Romance series and revising a contracted Love Inspired book. Oh, and roses and chocolates…Valentine’s Day will be here soon!
First, let’s see how I did with last month’s goals.
Jill’s January 2019 Goals
- Finalize A Meddled Match: Resort to Romance Series to prepare for February launch! This includes setting up promo, sending out ARCs, uploading to Amazon, etc…
- Replot and draft rest of book one in the new Love Inspired series! It’s now going to be a Christmas book releasing this December. Aaah!
- I’m the 2019 president of Maumee Valley Romance Authors, Inc. and need to do several administrative tasks to start the year off right.
- Health: Log calories daily in MyFitnessPal, stay within calorie range, workout for 30 minutes 4+ days/week.
How did I do?
- A Meddled Match is ready to go! CHECK
- Book one (working title is Wyoming Twins Christmas Reunion) is drafted. It needs A LOT of work! CHECK
- MVRAI administrative tasks? Yep. These will be ongoing throughout the year, but I’m off to a good start. CHECK
- Health. *Giggling* Okay, three weeks I stayed on track. Last week? Nope. NO CHECK
Jill’s February 2019 Goals
- Revise and submit Wyoming Twins Christmas Reunion
- Promote A Meddled Match
- Health: Track calories, meet fiber goals, exercise 5 days/week.
How did you do last month? What are your February goals?
Have a terrific day!
This Post Has 6 Comments
Good for you on your goals. I was similar. 2 of my three goals I was able to check off. The one I have trouble with is being consistent with exercise. Sigghh. Good luck on Feb. goals
Lori, the health stuff is my weak spot, too. 🙁 I figure we just keep at it! Good job getting things done last month!
January was good for me. Goals set and most goals met, especially with writing. I wrote several blog posts, sent articles to local magazine, sold books at local vendor fair and continued my WIPs. February is off to a great start. Finished a story and now, looking back over the story and preparing to show it to critique group and my mentor.( you know who that person is) 🙂
Woohoo!! Love everything about this update!
I met my January goals for writing, which would sound really good except most of them were left over from ACFW Nashville. But they needed time and care to accomplish, so I don’t feel guilty. I buffed up my Genesis winner, submitted it for two agent requests, and GOT ON TWITTER.
In January I reworked an older piece according to What I Know Now, and am pleased with the way it turned out and may start shopping it around. I also submitted my second book in the “Western Dreams” series to my publisher.
My February goals have changed. My publisher wants the third book in “Western Dreams,” so I’m going to work on plotting that and laying the groundwork. I also need to finish a Christmas novella for them dealing with some minor characters from the second book.
House-wise, not so hot. Still have Christmas tree up, but it’s white and gold, not red and green, so I can put up with it a while longer. My problem is I can’t decide whether to go Marie Kondo or Feng Shui. I’m not a hoarder, I’m clean and I don’t have pets, but Dave and I do tend to be pack rats.
Health-wise, we’re getting there. Had salad for lunch three times this week and walked three times (not necessarily the same days but whatever). Did some Valentine’s Day baking but gave most of it away.
Thanks for helping us stay on track.
You’re doing great, Kathy!! It sounds like you’re prioritizing well and not letting the other stuff slide. Nice job!!