My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week…
My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week I break them down into daily tasks that will work within my current schedule. Do you know how great it is to finish projects? Of course you do! For me, setting monthly goals makes it all possible.
Every month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How Did I Do? Jill’s April Goals
- Polish/submit proposal for Wyoming Ranchers Book 3. CHECK!
- Finish drafting Wyoming Ranchers Book 3. NO CHECK. After I turned in the above proposal, I decided to draft the rest of the book in May in order to work on my nonfiction project.
- Exercise 5 days/week. CHECK!
- Continue eating more unprocessed food. CHECK!
- Drink minimum of 72 ounces of water every day. CHECK!
- Continue reading fiction for a minimum of 20 minutes every weekday. CHECK!
- Take one day to go downtown Toledo. The city is in a major renovation project, and I haven’t been down there in months to see the progress! NO CHECK. I did get to a few area metroparks, and my kids and I took a day trip to a really fun outdoor mall.
I wasn’t as productive on writing projects last month as I’d hoped, but I got quite a few marketing things in place that I’d been wanting to implement for quite some time. I also had a few volunteer opportunities come up. It was nice to be able to say yes to them.
Jill’s May Goals
- Finish drafting Wyoming Ranchers Book 3
- Exercise 5 days/week
- Continue eating more unprocessed food.
- Drink minimum of 72 ounces of water every day.
- Continue reading fiction for a minimum of 20 minutes every weekday
My goals are minimal this month because I have a lot of stuff on my calendar. I’ll have to work hard to meet the goals listed! Some months I have more leeway with my work schedule. May isn’t one of them.
Wishing you all a very productive May!
What were your April goals? How did you do? What would you like to accomplish in May?
Thanks so much for joining me each month! Seeing your progress motivates me!