August and writing? *cringes* I set LOW goals and shortened my workday. I still struggled! Stop by to see how I did and share new goals!
My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week I break them down into daily tasks that will work within my current schedule. Do you know how great it is to finish projects? Of course you do! For me, setting monthly goals makes it all possible.
Every month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How Did I Do? Jill’s March Goals
- Polish/submit Wyoming Ranchers Book 2. CHECK!
- Draft bulk of nonfiction book for writers. NO CHECK. I tweaked the theme of the book, reworked the outline, and wrote two short sections. I’m still pleased with my progress!
- Continue promoting Hers for the Summer (in stores now). CHECK!
- Exercise 5 days/week. NO CHECK. I had five migraine days this month where I didn’t exercise.
- Continue eating more unprocessed food. CHECK!
- Drink minimum of 72 ounces of water every day. CHECK!
- Continue reading fiction for a minimum of 20 minutes every weekday. NO CHECK. I didn’t read when I had the migraine, and I got into a biography of Martin Luther last week so I neglected my fiction reading.
- Get outside whenever possible. March is still winter here. If the temps are in the 30s and it’s not snowing or raining, I try to take a walk. CHECK! We’ve had some glorious weather for this time of year!
- Set quarterly goals at the end of the month. CHECK!
In some ways it was a rough month, but in other ways it was terrific! Go figure! I’m happy where I’m at with my writing, feeling kind of MEH about my overall fitness/health goals, and ready to get back into reading novels. So, all in all, I’m happy.
Jill’s April Goals
- Polish/submit proposal for Wyoming Ranchers Book 3
- Finish drafting Wyoming Ranchers Book 3
- Exercise 5 days/week
- Continue eating more unprocessed food.
- Drink minimum of 72 ounces of water every day.
- Continue reading fiction for a minimum of 20 minutes every weekday
- Take one day to go downtown Toledo. The city is in a major renovation project, and I haven’t been down there in months to see the progress!
This month will be busy with writing, and I’m happy about it. I’ve been looking forward to writing this book! I’ll probably try to sneak some words into my nonfiction project here and there, too. However, I’m not including it in my goals, because I’ll be busy enough.
What were your March goals? How did you do? What would you like to accomplish in April?
Thanks so much for joining me each month! Seeing your progress motivates me!