Summer just started, and I'm already packing in the fun! Yes, I'm writing a lot, but I've also been to the zoo, picked strawberries and much more!
My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week I break them down into daily tasks that will work within my current schedule. Do you know how great it is to finish projects? Of course you do! For me, setting monthly goals makes it all possible.
Every month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How Did I Do? Jill’s May Goals
- Finish drafting Wyoming Ranchers Book 3. CHECK! I did it–phew!
- Exercise 5 days/week. CHECK!
- Continue eating more unprocessed food. CHECK!
- Drink minimum of 72 ounces of water every day. CHECK!
- Continue reading fiction for a minimum of 20 minutes every weekday. NO CHECK. I skipped a few days.
Last month I had a lot of appointments and interruptions, so I knew writing would be tough. But I got through it and finished the draft–woohoo! I have a lot of writing planned for this coming month, too, but my schedule isn’t as jam-packed, so I’m not worried.
Jill’s June Goals
- Final edits A Cowboy to Rely On (Wyoming Ranchers book 2 releasing January 2022)
- Draft proposal for Wyoming Ranchers book 4
- Start revising Wyoming Ranchers book 3
- Exercise 5 days/week
- Continue eating more unprocessed food
- Track calories on weekdays
- Drink minimum of 72 ounces of water every day
- Continue reading fiction for a minimum of 20 minutes every weekday
After about six months of not tracking my food w/MyFitnessPal, I’ve come to the conclusion I need to get back into it. I’m starting with weekdays. If the scale number doesn’t budge, I’ll track on weekends, too.
What were your May goals? How did you do? What would you like to accomplish in June?
Thanks so much for joining me each month! Seeing your progress motivates me!