Welcome to my new monthly series! I'm calling it 3 Scoops of Life. I love…
My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week I break them down into daily tasks that will work within my current schedule. Do you know how great it is to finish projects? Of course you do! For me, setting monthly goals makes it all possible.
Every month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How did I do? Jill’s November 2022 Goals
- Revise/submit first book in new Love Inspired series. CHECK!
- Write long synopsis for book 2 in Love Inspired series. CHECK!
- Exercise 5 days/week. NO CHECK. I averaged 4 days/week, and I’m happy with that!
- Try to maintain current weight through holidays! NO CHECK. So far, I’ve gained a few pounds. *sigh*
- Read 15 minutes of fiction every weekday. CHECK! I’m enjoying Christmas romance novels right now (shocker, I’m sure!)
- Crochet! CHECK! I like adding a few rows at night. It’s relaxing.
Well, November didn’t go quite as planned, but I’m happy with my progress. The writing goals were met. The health goals need work. And the personal goals, though minor, made me happy. I’ll call that a win!
Jill’s December 2022 Goals
- Write/revise/submit proposal for contracted book.
- Redline a trade-length book.
- Plan the next six months of writing.
- Exercise 4 days/week.
- Eat 1 fresh vegetable and 2 fruits every weekday.
- Try to maintain current weight through holidays!
- Read 15 minutes of fiction every weekday.
- Make Christmas cookies!
- Enjoy the Christmas season!
I love December. I love that it’s the final month of the year, which motivates me to work hard to finish my writing projects. I love decorating my house and enjoying the decorations. I love baking and watching Hallmark movies and anticipating all the fun times with family at the end of the month. Most of all, I love the reason we celebrate Christmas–I am grateful for my Savior.
What are your goals this month? How did you do last month? What do you love about December?
If you’re looking for a Christmas romance with all the feels, try my latest book, The Mistletoe Favor (linked). It makes a great gift, too!