Welcome to my new monthly series! I'm calling it 3 Scoops of Life. I love…
My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week I break them down into daily tasks that will work within my current schedule. Do you know how great it is to finish projects? Of course you do! For me, setting monthly goals makes it all possible.
Every month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How did I do? Jill’s October 2022 Goals
- Write the first draft of new Love Inspired book. CHECK!
- Spend 30 minutes/day four days/week polishing trade-length book. NO CHECK.
- Exercise 5 days/week. MOSTLY CHECK
- Two raw veggies/weekday. NO CHECK
- Counting calories using MyFitnessPal and sticking to reduced total calories on weekdays. NO CHECK
- Read 15 minutes of fiction every weekday. CHECK
- Make (and can) apple butter. CHECK
- Watch a fall-themed movie. CHECK
I scheduled several routine medical appointments in October, and it not only made my health goals unrealistic, it ate into my writing time as well. I’m happy that I was able to write the first draft of my Love Inspired book, and I’m happy that I met my personal goals, too! Hey, it’s something. :)
Jill’s November 2022 Goals
- Revise/submit first book in new Love Inspired series.
- Write long synopsis for book 2 in Love Inspired series.
- Exercise 5 days/week.
- Try to maintain current weight through holidays!
- Read 15 minutes of fiction every weekday
I’m pushing myself with my writing goals. I have a deadline in November and another deadline in December and I will meet them. Period. As for the health and personal goals? They will be modest until the end of the year. I’m basically in “hold-the-fort” mode. And I’m fine with it! Come January, I’ll be ready to buckle down again.