Release day! Woohoo!! I'm so excited! It's the UNITED BY THE TWINS release day! I…
My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly writer goals, and it’s time to share my August goals. At the beginning of each week I break them down into daily tasks that fit my current schedule. Do you know how great it is to finish projects? Of course you do! For me, setting monthly goals makes it all possible.
Every month I share how I did the previous month as well as what my new goals are. Let’s get to it!
- Finish writing and revising the short Christmas story. CHECK!
- Redline nonfiction project for 15 minutes each day. NO CHECK. 🙁
- Draft first three chapters of new book. CHECK!
- Write long synopsis of new book. CHECK!
- Exercise 4 days/week. CHECK!
- Continue eating fresh fruits and vegetables each day. CHECK!
- Read 15 minutes of fiction every weekday. CHECK!
- Go to the farmer’s market. NO CHECK. 🙁
- Soak up the sun on my deck whenever possible! CHECK!
The writing goals actually went pretty well. I’m on track with my deadlines, and that’s the important thing. My goal of redlining the nonfiction project for 15 minutes a day wasn’t unreasonable, but with my new part-time job and the sunshine calling my name, I had no motivation to tackle it.
As far as my health, I’m pleased to report that I’ve been able to stay in my goal weight range without tracking calories. Hooray! That’s been a problem for me for the past five years. I could never keep the weight off when I stopped tracking my food. What changed? My husband and I are eating less processed carbs. I’ve added more vegetables and fruits to my snacks and lunch, too. Will I keep the weight off for good? Who knows. It’s just nice to not type every meal into an app.
The farmer’s market. Ugh. It ended up raining the two times I planned on going. I did visit a produce stand, though. 🙂
Jill’s August Goals
- Revise/Polish/Submit proposal for book 4 in my new Love Inspired series
- Plot new story idea
- Redline the nonfiction! It’s been on my goal list for months. I need to JUST GET IT DONE.
- Exercise 4 days/week
- Continue eating fresh fruits and vegetables each day
- Read 15 minutes of fiction every weekday
- Go to the farmer’s market
- Enjoy time with family!
My goals are pretty light this month. I have a lot of fun stuff going on, as we all should when August rolls around, and I plan on enjoying every minute of it!
I hope you have a lovely August!
What are your August goals? How did you do last month?
If you’re in the mood for a Christmas book, THE PRODIGAL’S HOLIDAY HOPE is on a Kindle Monthly Deal! The ebook is only $1.99 from August 1 – August 31! Click on the link above to get your copy! (#commissionearned)
Jill Kemerer is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.