New Release!! My new book, The Cowboy's Christmas Blessings, is in stores today! This is…
As I’m writing this, it’s January 20, 2020. Yep, it’s a solid nine days before the post will publish. This means more books will have been read when the post goes live.
I’m okay with that.
For about ten years I’ve tracked the books I read. I started off using a small notebook–one you could fit into a purse–by writing the date, the title, the author and a brief musing on the book itself. Then I found myself doing less musing. Hey, life changes. So I did away with the musings. A few years later, I no longer had a flip phone. So I did away with the small notebooks.
For a while I tracked using Goodreads. But it got weird for me. I’m an author. I used to leave reviews for books, but for various reasons, I no longer do. This led me to the dilemma of stars. I just want to list the books I read–I don’t want to rate each one!
So…I began tracking the books in the OneNote app on my phone. (I’ve used Evernote, too.) I have a virtual Notebook for Reading, and I have tabs for the years. Currently, 2020 has five books on the list. I’m also in the middle of reading three other books, one of which I’m not going to finish. How do I know? I’m just not feeling it, and since reading is my hobby, I gave myself permission long ago to not finish a book I’m not feeling!
What I’ve Read so Far in 2020:
- Your Creative Work Space by Desha Peacock. I loved peeking into the work spaces of artists, writers, and other creatives. In addition to fabulous photographs, there is a short interview with each person featured.
- The Art of Stillness by Pico Iyer. A good reminder of how quietness and slowing down are important for our well-being.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Well. This wasn’t an easy read! Every year I read between six and ten classics. I don’t know how I feel about this one. It kept my interest, and I read it until the end, but it’s so unusual.
- Rhythms of Renewal by Rebekah Lyons. Perfect read for January. I read it over the course of a week, and it really spoke to me.
- Reunited in the Rockies by Mindy Obenhaus. I loved this installment of the Rocky Mountain Heroes series.
Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. The above links are affiliate links.
Right now I’m midway through two more nonfiction books. Tomorrow, I’m heading to the library for another novel. I’m not sure what I’m in the mood for, but I’ll grab several and choose from them.
What are you reading?
Have an amazing day!