Writing a first draft for me is up and down. It involves wasted minutes (okay,…
Do you see me smiling? I turned in my fifth Love Inspired this week! YAY!!!
This year has been crazy. I’ve let so many things slide for months. But now that my son has been confirmed, my daughter has graduated from high school and already attended college orientation, and my book is turned in, I can resume normal life! (For a few days, at least!)
Yesterday, I woke up and brewed a pot of coffee. Luxuriated in the knowledge I wasn’t on deadline and I had free time on my hands. Of course, I still had taxi duty for my son, bills, appointments, etc… But I followed the rhythm of life on MY terms for the first time in a long time.
So what did I do?
- Spent a relaxing hour in our living room, reading my Bible, watching the birds, praying and sipping coffee. The best!!
- Cleaned the house. Wait, those words don’t come out of my mouth often, but yes, they are true. I cleaned the house. Because I wanted to, not because we had company coming over!
- Chatted with a friend on the phone. So good!
- Read a few more chapters of my friend’s debut novel coming out in July. You all are in for a treat with that one!
- Dropped my son off at a high school baseball tournament. He wasn’t playing. He was helping take care of the fields between games.
- Shopped for my husband’s father’s day present. Hit the Bath & Body Works sale for 75% off lotion, and grabbed a Starbucks while browsing magazines at Barnes & Noble. There really isn’t anything better.
- Researched day planners. Mine runs out in two weeks, and I am SUPER PICKY about my planner! For years, I’ve been stuck with a planner plus a slim binder because nothing was customizable enough. But several friends clued me in to different options, and I decided to try a discbound system.
- Browsed Michael’s website to get a 50% off coupon.
- Made hot dogs and mac & cheese for dinner.
- Drove to Michael’s, drooled over all the Happy Planners, texted a friend for moral support, and bought the planner and accessories necessary to make this planner rock!
- Rented a video game for my son who was having a friend over.
- Put my Happy Planner together. Got WAY too excited about it!
- Read several more chapters of the book I mentioned earlier.
There you have it! That’s what I did the day after I met my deadline. Not exciting to most people, but to me? The BEST!!
What do you do when you feel free?
Have a terrific weekend!!