Writing a first draft for me is up and down. It involves wasted minutes (okay,…
I’m late posting this. Why? Well, I’ve been a little manic this week. Every day brought a new surprise that couldn’t be set aside and involved time-consuming attention. The weather was all over the place too. Early in the week it was warm and sunny, but yesterday brought snow and an accompanying snow day.
Instead of checking off my anticipated writing goals, I set them aside to finish new ones. I didn’t mind. I love my job!
Other things I didn’t get done?
- The stack of magazines on my end table are still sitting there unread.
- My bathroom still hasn’t been cleaned.
- The book I ordered from the library hasn’t been opened.
- The exercise DVDs I was going to do Tuesday and Thursday weren’t touched either!
- The appointments I needed to schedule? Pushed to next week’s to-do list.
- My twice-a-month coffee date with myself to brainstorm story ideas and bask in motivation articles? Nope. Didn’t happen.
But…my daughter and I worked on some must-do upcoming college tasks, I turned in two work items, my son picked out classes for high school next year and I ordered a pizza for lunch yesterday ‘cuz that’s fun! All-in-all, a good week!
Do you ever have weeks where everything turns upside down? How do you deal with it?
Have a fantastic weekend, and don’t forget to sign up to win Belle Calhoune’s latest, Alaskan Reunion!! Easy entry options are below!