We did something we don't normally do--we decorated for Christmas early. What can I say?…
I headed into last weekend exhausted for a variety of reasons. I needed a reset, and I needed it bad. Why?
- Our sweet little Sophie (old mini-dachshund) woke before dawn twice during the week.
- I woke before dawn two of the other days–who knows why? I certainly have no clue.
- Too many carbs, too much coffee. Kept me productive but also made me gain weight.
- A loooong to-do list for work.
- I’m in the middle of writing a first draft of a novel. It’s a draining process for me. See “Writing Slow and Not Loving It” for a glimpse of my drafting woes.
Anyway, I forced myself to NOT work and to limit the scrolling on the phone. Here’s what I did instead.
- Read a fun novel
- Watched two movies from the 90’s
- Bought a cute welcome sign shaped like a pumpkin (If you want inspiration, try “40 Best Fall Porch Decorating Ideas to Welcome Autumn” via Country Living)
- Baked homemade apple-butter crisp
- Made yummy football food
- Watched a few football games
- Went to church
- Created a playlist for autumn on Spotify
- Decorated my house for fall
- Cleaned out the junk basket
There was plenty of downtime to journal and just sit and think or watch the birds, too. Sometimes I need a reset, and the weekend is the perfect time to make it happen.
This week has been jam-packed, but I’m handling it. And, thankfully, I’m getting more sleep!
How do you reset? Are your weekends busy or do you have downtime?
Thanks for stopping by!