My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly writer goals, and it’s time to share…
My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week I break them down into daily tasks that will work within my current schedule. Do you know how great it is to finish projects? Of course you do! For me, setting monthly goals makes it all possible.
Every month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How Did I Do? Jill’s February Goals
- Finish writing the first draft of Wyoming Ranchers Book 5. CHECK! Not the easiest book to write. I think it will need a lot of work when I revise it.
- Work on my nonfiction project for 30 minutes/day, 4 days/week. CHECK!
- Continue plotting new cowboy series. CHECK!
- Exercise 5 days/week (Alternating between the two 12-week programs). CHECK! The final week of February was off-program. I strained a back muscle, so I stuck with a very gentle yoga workout all week.
- Two raw veggies/day. ALMOST CHECK. I didn’t eat the raw veggies two of the weekends. Oh, well.
- Drink minimum of 72 ounces of water every day. CHECK! I drink a lot of hot tea in the winter, and I count this since it isn’t sweetened.
- Read 15 minutes of fiction every weekday. CHECK! I went way out of my typical reading in February. It was just what I needed.
All in all, February was a success. Meeting my writing goals wasn’t pretty, but I did it. I had to modify my exercise program slightly. And I’m okay with skipping a few days of eating raw veggies. I try not to be too rigid. I’m not aiming for perfection!
Jill’s March 2022 Goals
- Revise and polish Wyoming Ranchers Book 5
- Work on my nonfiction project for 30 minutes/day, 4 days/week
- Continue plotting new cowboy series
- Exercise 5 days/week (Alternating between the two 12-week programs)
- Two raw veggies/weekday (I’m cutting myself some slack on the weekends)
- Drink minimum of 72 ounces of water every day
- Read 15 minutes of fiction every weekday
- Work on a craft, jigsaw puzzle, research project or anything to get me out of my boring winter routine
I’m hoping for a blast of renewed energy this month since the end of winter is in sight. Sure, we often get a snowstorm in April, and the days of putting away my winter clothes are long off. I can still get excited for nicer weather and keep pressing on until it comes.
What were your February goals? Did you meet them? Were there any surprises that kept you from meeting them? What are your March 2022 goals?
Thank you for sharing with me!