September Goals My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly writer goals, and it’s time…
My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week I break them down into daily tasks that will work within my current schedule. Do you know how great it is to finish projects? Of course you do! For me, setting monthly goals makes it all possible.
Every month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How Did I Do? Jill’s January Goals
- Revise and submit proposal for Wyoming Ranchers Book 5. CHECK!
- Continue promoting A Cowboy to Rely On, which is in stores through January. CHECK!
- Practice a writing workshop for January event. CHECK!
- Continue drafting full manuscript of Wyoming Ranchers Book 5. CHECK. I didn’t get as far as I’d hoped, though.
- Exercise 5 days/week (Phase one of 12-week program). CHECK
- Limit processed foods. CHECK
- Drink minimum of 72 ounces of water every day. CHECK
- Read 15 minutes of fiction every weekday. CHECK! (I’ve already read a few great novels! Yay!)
- Think about how to make free-time more fun. CHECK. I know nothing about symphonies, so I’m listening to 10-15 minutes of one at a time. If I listen longer, my mind wanders! I’m enjoying this addition to my free time activities.
All in all, January was a success. No, I didn’t get as much written on my first draft as I’d wanted, but I got something done, and that’s good. As far as my health, I wasn’t loving the new 12-week workout plan as much as I’d hoped, but I’m doing well on limiting my processed foods.
The three novels I finished in January were all really good. Here they are if you’re interested:
Let’s move on to my new goals!
Jill’s February 2022 Goals
- Finish writing the first draft of Wyoming Ranchers Book 5
- Work on my nonfiction project for 30 minutes/day, 4 days/week
- Continue plotting new cowboy series
- Exercise 5 days/week (Alternating between the two 12-week programs)
- Two raw veggies/day
- Drink minimum of 72 ounces of water every day
- Read 15 minutes of fiction every weekday
Since the new 12-week workout program is more focused on strength training and the workouts are all longer, I’ve decided to switch back and forth between the first 12-week workout program and the new one. So basically I’ll be doing one week of the first, then one week of the second, then back to the first. This will add more variety and shorten up some of the workouts for me.
Everything else is moving along. I’m sticking with what works!
What were your January goals? How did you do? Were there any hiccups in your plan?
Have a fabulous day!