Last year I started a list of children's (and young adult) books I kept seeing…
I’m big on setting goals. By listing them and breaking them down into manageable chunks, I accomplish more than I think possible. My process is to set monthly goals, then at the beginning of each week, I create daily goals that will work within my current schedule.
Each month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How Did I Do? Jill’s February Goals
- Revise/polish/submit proposal for Wyoming Sweethearts book 4. CHECK!
- Plot basic stories for new series. CHECK!
- Start setting up promotion for The Cowboy’s Secret, releasing March 17, 2020. CHECK!
- Continue exercising 5 days/week CHECK!
- Continue tracking calories/nutrition with MyFitnessPal. CHECK!
- Add more protein to diet. NO CHECK. 🙁
- Get back to my crochet project. NOPE! WHOOPS!
- Pick out four novels to read. CHECK!
- Go through photos to prepare a slideshow for my son’s graduation party. SORT-OF-CHECK. I STARTED DOING THIS!
It was a good month. Obviously, I dropped the ball on the Personal side, but I’m still happy with how the month turned out. On a plus side, I was able to do our taxes (YAY!!!) and attend my local writer’s group. We had a delightful speaker talk to us about getting started in genealogy. Jill Clever also told us about the many resources the Toledo Lucas County Public Library system has. I’m tempted to just head to the main library, find something that catches my eye and go down the rabbit hole of research!
Jill’s March 2020 Goals
- Promote The Cowboy’s Secret, releasing March 17, 2020
- Finish the first draft of book 4 of the Wyoming Sweethearts series
- Write sample chapters of book 1 in a new Love Inspired series
- Possible final edits for book 3 of the Wyoming Sweethearts series
- Continue exercising 5 days/week
- Continue tracking calories/nutrition with MyFitnessPal.
- Add more protein to diet, and this time I have a plan. My goal is 20-25% of my daily calories. *crossing fingers*
- Finish going through photos to prepare a slideshow for my son’s graduation party.
- Work on my crochet project
- Go to the Toledo Art Museum and fill my creative well
Starting in April, my son’s final season of baseball begins. This and the fact he’s graduating in May will affect my writing schedule. I’m pushing hard this month to get as much done as possible. Then I can enjoy those moments without added pressure.
Do you have any big milestones, fun vacations, small-but-happy plans coming up? I’d love to hear about them!
How did you do last month? What are your March goals?
Remember, I’m hosting a BIG giveaway to celebrate the upcoming release of THE COWBOY’S SECRET! Click HERE (or go to https://jillkemerer.com/the-cowboys-secret-giveaway/) to enter!
US only, 18+, void where prohibited. Giveaway ends March 16, 2020.