August and writing? *cringes* I set LOW goals and shortened my workday. I still struggled! Stop by to see how I did and share new goals!
I’m big on setting monthly goals. By listing them and breaking them down into manageable chunks, I accomplish more than I think possible. My process is to set monthly goals, then at the beginning of each week, I create daily goals that will work within my current schedule.
Each month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How Did I Do? Jill’s September 2020 Goals
- Write 42K words of current project. CHECK!
- Loosely plot two books. CHECK!
- Promote my new book releasing September 29! The Cowboy’s Christmas Blessings is such a sweet book! CHECK!
- Exercise 5 days/week and add strength routine twice a week. CHECK!
- Log calories using MyFitnessPal and stay in calorie range M-F. NO CHECK: I decided to switch strategies. See my new goals below!
- Enjoy the warm weather for as long as possible. In no time, it will be COLD. CHECK! I’ve been going to local parks and sitting on my deck on nicer days.
- Continue reading fiction for a minimum of 20 minutes every weekday. CHECK! I’ve been reading so much more fiction as the result of this one tiny change.
- Put together the new puzzle I bought. NO CHECK. I wasn’t feeling it.
- Pack away my summer clothes and get out my winter clothes. NO CHECK. I did this last weekend, though!
September was hot and dry and productive. I ended up not working for a week due to a nasty migraine and seasonal allergy flare-up. But the rest of the month was great.
We visited our parents one weekend, did work around the house and just enjoyed the month.
Now that October is here, I’m motivated to finish this fourth quarter strong! I love autumn, and I love Christmas even more. 2020 has been a wild ride, and I’m determined to make the most of it.
Jill’s October 2020 Goals
- Write first 50 pages of new novel.
- Revise a different novel.
- Take notes on 3 fiction workshops (videos).
- Exercise 5 days/week and add strength routine twice a week.
- I’m trying tips from Mini-Habits for Weight Loss by Stephen Guise. It’s very intuitive. I was getting frustrated counting calories. We’ll see how this goes!
- As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Get my crochet project back out and start working on it.
- Continue reading fiction for a minimum of 20 minutes every weekday.
- Take pictures of the glorious fall colors!