My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week…
My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week I break them down into daily tasks that will work within my current schedule. Do you know how great it is to finish projects? Of course you do! For me, setting monthly goals makes it all possible.
Every month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How Did I Do? Jill’s June Goals
- Final edits A Cowboy to Rely On (Wyoming Ranchers book 2 releasing January 2022). CHECK!
- Draft proposal for Wyoming Ranchers book 4. CHECK!
- Start revising Wyoming Ranchers book 3. CHECK!
- Exercise 5 days/week. CHECK
- Continue eating more unprocessed food. CHECK
- Track calories on weekdays. CHECK
- Drink minimum of 72 ounces of water every day. CHECK
- Continue reading fiction for a minimum of 20 minutes every weekday. ALMOST CHECK
My June goals were straightforward and doable. The only one I missed was the fiction reading, mainly because I read a few nonfiction books that caught my eye! I’ll take it!
Jill’s July Goals
- Revise and polish Wyoming Ranchers book 3
- Exercise 5 days/week
- Continue eating more unprocessed food
- Track calories on weekdays
- Drink minimum of 72 ounces of water every day
- Continue reading fiction for a minimum of 20 minutes every weekday
I have two out-of-town funerals and a vacation planned this month, so I’m keeping the goals light and easy! Writer productivity isn’t always about getting a ton of stuff done. It’s about getting the right stuff done. And since my deadline is July 30, I’m concentrating on finishing the book.
What were your June goals? How did you do? What would you like to accomplish in July?
Thanks so much for joining me each month! Seeing your progress motivates me!