New books! It seems like every month I'm excited about several new books releasing. This…
What Writers Really Want
After the annual mayhem known as the end of the school year, I’m recovering from shell-shock. There comes a point where even one more packed lunch or sound of a too-early alarm puts me over the edge into scary territory. My brain knows I have a writing to-do list eleven miles long, but my schedule won’t hear of it. Every waking hour seems to be filled with something, whether it’s school or sports related.
You’d think the first week of summer would be skipping under rainbows in delirious joy. Well let me break it to you. The first week of summer is never fun. It’s a dirty game of catch up.
With that in mind, I’m sharing what writers really want.
1. Ten hours of sleep. Make that twelve.
2. A week at a secluded cabin with a laptop, room service and a masseuse on call.
3. A pile of a dozen books to read uninterrupted.
4. Supersonic speed Internet that never loses service or buffers. Free would be preferred.
5. Someone to laugh at the genius line we just wrote.
6. Someone to cry at the heartbreaking scene we just wrote.
7. Anyone who ever reads our books to love every word, sentence and paragraph.
8. An endless stream of contracts. And royalty checks!
9. Our best writer friends to live in the same town so we can meet every week. We wouldn’t actually get anything done, but it sure would be fun!
10. The perfect first draft.
I could add many, many more items on my wish list, but I’ll leave it at that.
What would YOU add to the list?
Have a fabulous weekend!
This Post Has 7 Comments
I think you covered it nicely. 🙂
I think the only I’d add would be a maid to dust/clean/organize my office. It seems to have…um…not happened in a while.
(And… I’m already mentally exhausted trying to gear up for next year. We’ll have a HS senior in the house! Let the work…er…fun commence!)
Yes!! I need a maid, too. And congrats on your senior! Yay!!!
I can definitely identify with your post…I’m chasing dust bunnies as we speak / write. Is there a writing support group here in n.w. Ohio that you recommend? Friends have read my stories but it would be nice to have a critique partner or group to swap stories with. Thanks
I Bettie! Chase my dust bunnies, too. I need to clean. 🙂 There’s an American Christian Fiction Writer’s group based in Columbus, Ohio.
A miracle vitamin to give me the get-up and go to do what needs to be done, writing wise and otherwise.
Ooh, I would love a miracle vitamin! Yes!