My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week…
My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week I break them down into daily tasks that will work within my current schedule. Do you know how great it is to finish projects? Of course you do! For me, setting monthly goals makes it all possible.
Every month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How Did I Do? Jill’s September Goals
- Finish drafting the rest of Wyoming Ranchers book 4. CHECK
- Prep all the marketing/promotion for my November release, The Prodigal’s Holiday Hope. NO CHECK. I’m still working on it!
- Exercise 5 days/week. CHECK
- Continue eating more unprocessed food. CHECK
- Drink minimum of 72 ounces of water every day. CHECK
- Continue reading fiction for a minimum of 20 minutes every weekday. NO CHECK. I’ve been reading more nonfiction again, and I need to get back into my minimum fiction!
- Try new recipes on Saturdays for college football! CHECK. I made homemade onion rings for the first time!
Last month was very productive. September usually is for me.
Jill’s October Goals
- Finish prep for all the marketing/promotion for my October 26 release, The Prodigal’s Holiday Hope
- Plot Wyoming Ranchers Book 5 and write synopsis
- Prep for speaking engagement mid-October
- Start revising Wyoming Ranchers Book 4
- Exercise 5 days/week (I just started Phase 2–or week 5–of a 12-week HIIT workout series. The workouts are brutal, but they’re doing their job!)
- Continue eating more unprocessed food
- Drink minimum of 72 ounces of water every day
- Get back into my 20 minute fiction reading every weekday
- Sneak in a walk outside when it’s nice weather
Looking ahead to my final goals of the year, I’m getting a bit cagey. I’m still working on a nonfiction project, but it has to take second and third priority behind my contracted books. I don’t know when I’ll finish it, and it makes me antsy. Plus, I have another release soon after The Prodigal’s Holiday Hope. The second book in the series, A Cowboy to Rely On releases December 28, 2021, smack dab in the middle of my Christmas vacation. That makes me nervous, too!
I just remind myself I can only do what I can do. It will be enough.
What were your September goals? How did you do? What would you like to accomplish in October?
If you haven’t had a chance to enter my pre-release giveaways, click HERE and scroll down for the two easy entry forms! One is for US residents only, and the other is open to US and international readers!