My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week…
My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week I break them down into daily tasks that will work within my current schedule. Do you know how great it is to finish projects? Of course you do! For me, setting monthly goals makes it all possible.
Every month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How Did I Do? Jill’s November Goals
- Final edits for Wyoming Ranchers Book 3, Guarding His Secret. CHECK!
- Finish revising Wyoming Ranchers Book 4 and submit. CHECK!
- Start prepping promotion plans for Wyoming Ranchers Book 2, A Cowboy to Rely On. CHECK!
- Start drafting Wyoming Ranchers Book 5. CHECK!
- Exercise 5 days/week (I’m on Phase 3 of the 12-week workout, and it is brutal. Brutal.) NO CHECK. I got really sick and didn’t work out for two full weeks. It was rough!
- Eat 2 fruits/day and at least 1 raw veggie/day. NO CHECK. Again, sick. :(
- Drink minimum of 72 ounces of water every day. Maybe check–I drank a lot of water while I was sick!
- Read 20 minutes of fiction every weekday. NO CHECK. I did read one novel, though.
- Decorate for Christmas!! NO CHECK. I’m just now getting my energy back.
Jill’s December Goals
- Write sample chapters for Wyoming Ranchers Book 5.
- Prep writing workshop for January event.
- Prep promo items for the December 28, 2021 release of A Cowboy to Rely On.
- Exercise 5 days/week
- Eat 2 fruits/day and at least 1 raw veggie/day
- Drink minimum of 72 ounces of water every day
- Read 20 minutes of fiction every weekday
- Decorate for Christmas!
- Organize my office
Writing-wise, November was good. I cranked out my deadlines early, and it was a good thing, too, since I got sick shortly after. I ended up having to deal with some promo prep for Wyoming Ranchers Book 2 while I was sick, but I took it slow and got the vital stuff done.
Health-wise, November was rough. I’m doing much better, energy levels are returning–still congested, unfortunately. But I’ll be back to myself soon. I can feel it!
Other? Well, I’m hoping to decorate for Christmas on Friday night. My fall decor is still up, and it’s got to go! I’m ready for twinkle lights and ornaments everywhere. Bring it on!
What were your November goals? How did you do? What would you like to accomplish in December?
Have a terrific week!!