August and writing? *cringes* I set LOW goals and shortened my workday. I still struggled! Stop by to see how I did and share new goals!
My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week I break them down into daily tasks that will work within my current schedule. Do you know how great it is to finish projects? Of course you do! For me, setting monthly goals makes it all possible.
Every month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How Did I Do? Jill’s November Goals
- Edit/polish/submit full manuscript of book 1 in new series. CHECK!
- Revise/edit/polish proposal of book 2 in new series. CHECK!
- Start reading a book on Wyoming history I purchased this summer. CHECK!
- Exercise 5 days/week. CHECK!
- My mini-habits for this month: add one vegetable and one fruit each day and get off the couch for one minute in the evening. I’ve been doing these for the past two weeks, and I find when I get off the couch, I tend to stay off it for about 30 minutes. I end up stretching or walking in place or fidgeting, which is all good since I spend so much of my day sitting! CHECK! This is working great for me!
- Start Christmas shopping CHECK!
- Continue reading fiction for a minimum of 20 minutes every weekday. NO CHECK. I wasn’t as consistent as I wanted to be, but I still ended up reading a few books.
*You can catch last month’s goals post HERE.
Jill’s December Goals
- Revise/submit non-contracted novel to my agent.
- Determine overall goals for 2021!
- Exercise 5 days/week.
- Keep mini-habits: add one vegetable and one fruit each day and get off the couch for one minute in the evening.
- Enjoy Christmas season.
- Continue reading fiction for a minimum of 20 minutes every weekday.
As you can see, my goals are pretty light this month. I’ll be finishing the novel soon, and I’m taking the rest of the month to enjoy the Christmas season, set my goals for 2021, and catch up with friends I haven’t seen or talked to in a while.
How did you do last month? What would you like to finish this year?
Have a wonderful Christmas season!!