I love to read. Nonfiction, novels, articles, anything really. They're all good! But, naturally, some…
My writer productivity skyrockets when I set monthly goals. At the beginning of each week I break them down into daily tasks that will work within my current schedule. Do you know how great it is to finish projects? Of course you do! For me, setting monthly goals makes it all possible.
Every month I share how I did the previous month as well as my new goals. Let’s get to it!
How Did I Do? Jill’s March 2022 Goals
- Revise and polish Wyoming Ranchers Book 5. CHECK!
- Work on my nonfiction project for 30 minutes/day, 4 days/week. CHECK!
- Continue plotting new cowboy series. CHECK!
- Exercise 5 days/week (Alternating between the two 12-week programs). CHECK!
- Two raw veggies/weekday (I’m cutting myself some slack on the weekends). CHECK!
- Drink minimum of 72 ounces of water every day. MAYBE CHECK. I haven’t been tracking. Whoops!
- Read 15 minutes of fiction every weekday. CHECK!
- Work on a craft, jigsaw puzzle, research project or anything to get me out of my boring winter routine. CHECK!
The dregs of winter are good for keeping me inside and focused. I met all my goals, but I have to admit, March is always a bummer for me. I’m ready for longer days, T-shirts outside, regular walks and sitting on my deck. It’s pouring rain right now, but at least it isn’t snow!
Writing is on track. I ended up getting final edits for a book, so I squeezed those in, and I drafted the first fifty pages of my next book. It was a very productive month. Health? Well, the exercise and veggies is on track, but my portions keep increasing and I’ve been eating too many sweets. I’m no longer tracking my water intake–I always drink a lot of water. As for Other, I’m happy. I’ve read several good books lately, did a jigsaw puzzle, broke out the old crochet project (for one night, but still!), and experimented with pressure canning.
Jill’s April 2022 Goals
- Fully plot each book in my next series.
- Draft the proposal for next series
- Start setting up promotion for Wyoming Ranchers book 3–Guarding His Secret.
- Work on my nonfiction project for 30 minutes/day, 2 days/week (I have multiple commitments every week of this month, so I’m only working on this for 2 days as opposed to 4 days/week.
- Exercise 5 days/week (Alternating between the two 12-week programs)
- Two raw veggies/weekday (I’m cutting myself some slack on the weekends)
- Read 15 minutes of fiction every weekday
- Enjoy all the friend/family “dates” on my calendar.
April is shaping up to be BUSY! I’m okay with that! I’m looking forward to seeing friends and family I haven’t seen in quite a while. My writing goals are ambitious, and I’m fully aware I might not meet them. That’s okay. I still want to list them all, just in case.
What were your March goals? Did you meet them? What helped you this month? What held you back?
What are your April 2022 goals?
Thank you for sharing with me!