You know those weeks where you have unexpected appointments, ten time-consuming projects, a list of “other” tasks two pages long and you have no idea how you’ll fit it all in? That was my week! My first reaction was to mentally whine and to physically crawl under a blanket on the couch. However, that doesn’t help, so I adjusted the things I normally do to fit in the ones I normally don’t.
As I look back on this week, I am grateful for items of convenience! There are so many things that make it possible for me to fit those extras in on weeks like this.
- Frozen food. I’m not a huge fan of frozen meals, but now and then, frozen pizzas or chicken tenders save the day.
- The Internet. I could not meet deadlines without the internet. 10am appointment across town? Can do. Because I can go online later to make up the work.
- Wireless printer. Until recently, I had a printer that needed to be connected via USB to my laptop. That meant lugging my laptop upstairs and plugging it in before printing. Not hard, but the extra steps take five minutes. Some weeks even 5 minutes are too many!
- Apps. I’m on the road today. I copied and pasted info someone might need today into my Evernote App. That way if the person contacts me, I can quickly give them the information. Without Apps, I would have to lug my laptop and stop somewhere with WiFi to check in.
- Online banking. I love that I can check our accounts and transfer money at my convenience rather than having to go into a bank during their hours. This helps me every week, not just on hectic ones.
I’m very thankful for modern conveniences. And I’m thankful for weekends! I can’t wait to sleep in tomorrow!
What convenience can you not live without?
I’m heading up to Michigan to see Dad and visit with Mom today, so I won’t be able to moderate comments until later tonight. Please leave one! And don’t forget about my month long giveaway. Go to my home page, http://jillkemerer.com/ and scroll down for the easy entry options!
Have a terrific weekend!!