This is where I reveal all my JUICY SECRETS!! Isn't that what we really want in a
Whoops, guess that's just me!
Let's see. I was born in Michigan, moved to various parts of the mid-west with a
short stay in Virginia, and we recently moved to Ohio. I love this area. I don't
love winter, though, so having a fun family helps me stay sane through the cold months.
These people put up with me:
My husband has made me laugh ever since we started dating our senior year of high
school, and he still makes me laugh all the time. What can I say? He’s a funny guy,
and I love him!
We have two awesome children. It's funny the interesting traits they've inherited,
like my obsession with M&Ms and the "colorful" side of my personality. Or maybe the
“color” is from my husband? I’ll blame it on him...
My “I should write” moment:
When I was twenty, I remember finishing a romance novel and chucking it across the
room, muttering, “I could write better than that!”
The thud of it hitting the wall must have clicked something in my brain because I
decided I would write a romance, and none of my characters would have those pesky
problems prevalent in the books I'd been reading. Fast-forward five hours and twenty-three
handwritten pages–I realized the pesky problems were the whole point!
And so began a long quest to write great books in my favorite genre, romance.
I write contemporary romance novels for the inspirational market, and I’m represented
by Rachel Kent of Books & Such Literary Agency.
Head to the Proposals page for more information about my books!
- Every morning I get excited to brew a pot of coffee. You’d think it would get
old, but it doesn’t.
- I have stashes of M&Ms around the house.
- Before becoming a stay-at-home-mom, I graduated magna cum laude with a BSEE from
Saginaw Valley State University and worked as a Control Systems engineer--that's
code for an electrical engineer who designs the machines used in factories to make
parts. I was the first and only female engineer in the electrical engineering departments
at two of my workplaces.
- I am passionate about working with kids. I’ve helped with cheerleading and track
teams, taught Sunday School, served hot lunches, and taught fiction workshops for
- I cry at animal shelter commercials, and I brake for squirrels.
- Taco Bell? Yes. Just yes.
- My tastes are all over the place in music. I love R&B, bluesy jazz, top 40, country,
and contemporary Christian music.
- I read mostly romance novels, classics, non-fiction, and magazines with the occasional
novel in a wild-card genre thrown in for good measure. I track the books I’ve read
on Goodreads, and I review most of them too. A link to my Goodreads account is on
the Contact page. Be sure to add me as a friend. I’d love to see what you’re reading!
- I spoil our miniature dachshund Sophie, and I have to restrain myself from purchasing
her cute little jerseys, coats, and costumes. So many fun dog outfits...
- My favorite movie is The Cutting Edge. I watch it every fall! And who can resist
the Hallmark channel Christmas movies? Not me!!
- One of my favorite books is an early eighties Harlequin Presents, Man of Power,
by Mary Wibberly. Love that book!